Thursday, October 5, 2017

Buster’s Gate, San Roman, TX - Oct 1 - 3

Buster’s Gate, San Roman, TX - Sunday, October 1, 2017
Morning 74 Degrees, Wind NW calm, Humidity 87%, mostly cloudy.
Afternoon 91 Degrees, Wind E at 6 to 10 Mph, Humidity 47%, partly cloudy.

Not as many water removal trucks today he work over rig was moved out. There were five flatbed trucks that came in to take out the other equipment used with the rig.
Canopy back up
Latter today I tried to straighten the canopy poles and put the canopy back up. I will need some shade to sit outside waiting for vehicles to come to the gate and during the ten to two in the afternoon the shade is needed to see the I pad screen. Other times I turn my back to the sun or use the side of the vehicle for shade. But the ten to two o’clock is the hardest time of the day to see the I Pad screen.


Buster’s Gate, San Roman, TX - Monday, October 2, 2017
Morning 76 Degrees, Wind NE at 2 to 3 Mph, Humidity 96%, partly cloudy.
Afternoon 8 Degrees, Wind  at  to  Mph, Humidity %, partly cloudy.

Water removal truck
Water removal was still the item of the day but they are slowing down, not as frequent. We are still having trouble with our outside lights. The receptacle is a ground fault type and we are running two lines of extension cords. The first is plugged into the bottom and the second is plugged into the top. Trouble shooting I have found the bottom which is running to the light tree is ok by itself. The top I have tried many combinations but the only reliable one is only the bottom extension cord plugged in by itself does not pop the ground fault. I called the coordinator to replace the receptacle.

Buster - Portable A/C - Outside lights

The ground fault receptacle replaced today and both extension cords plugged in and the lights are staying on. The two extension cords are working fine now.


Buster’s Gate, San Roman, TX - Tuesday, October 3, 2017
Morning 78 Degrees, Wind NE at 3 to 5 Mph, Humidity 96%, partly cloudy.
Afternoon 90 Degrees, Wind E at 5 to 19 Mph, Humidity 57%, mostly cloudy.

It was an ok day until near sundown as a thunder storm moved in from the east dumping a third of an inch of rain in short order followed by light rain. I got the canopy up Sunday evening and had to dump water out of that after the big rain. Yes a couple of trucks arrived during the rain. I waive out the door (so they know I am coming) as I was putting on my rain gear (old warn out rain gear) to go out and check them in. We are still able to receive San Antonio television stations here, (I could switch by why bother and have to do it again when we move to another gate). The noon weather map was showing “weather” coming out of the gulf and swirling east and then to the north, I thought it would not come in as far as where we are located, it did.

The oil company was picking up and moving out water hose (twelve inch wide) that was used during the fracking job that finished just before we arrived at the gate. They have trailers with large spools and roll the hose onto the trailer spools in sections.




No comments:

Post a Comment