Wednesday, August 7, 2019

two projects

Buster’s spot Holly Springs, North Carolina - Tuesday, August 6, 2019
Morning 70 Degrees, Wind NE at 1 to 2 Mph, Humidity 93%, partly cloudy, light fog.

I got two projects done today, No progress Pictures there are after completion pictures, it never came to mind to take pictures. The first project was the electric cord for the tow had dragged on the road and warn thru a couple of wires . I cut out that section and spliced the two remaining sections together. It was easy just connect the colored wires, white to white, red to red and so on. I covered the splices with plastic tubing and then wrapped that with electrical tape.
 
The next project was on Tan Jan the left head light was looking fogged over. A couple of years ago I had the dealer clean them both up and they were good. This past winter the right headlight assembly was replaced as the light linkage had failed. Then the right looked new and the left looked thru a fogged lens. My wife had viewed a you tube video on cleaning the lenses and than had me view that also. Easy to do job and
all I needed to do was purchase the polish, tape and buffer pads. I did wait until the area was in the shade, both the light assembly and where I would be standing.
I taped off the painted fender and put a buffer pad in the drill motor and polish on the lens and buffed, looks good. 

Electric cable (repaired) used when towing
Now the completed project pictures. The cable has two sections of plastic tubing but one with tape over the plastic tubing that is where the splices are.

Left headlight after polishing


New right headlight today


No comments:

Post a Comment