Saturday, March 14, 2020

2020 March update

The SKP Ranch Lakewood, NM - Saturday, March 14, 2020
Morning 60 Degrees, Wind WNW at 7 to 8 Mph, Humidity 49%, sunny.
Afternoon 72 Degrees, Wind SSE at 13 to 17 Mph, Humidity 38%, sunny.

2020 March update

Well last month was mostly going to the doctors office (Cardiologist in Carlsbad) to check my blood thickness level, for the pacemaker.   Tests (blood thickness level) International Normalized Ratio (INR) is a blood test that measures the time it takes for blood to clot. Well the level started off low then went too high doing weekly tests. Then I got two weeks the same number, in range, thank goodness. I did this by adjusting the warfarin medication and watching my vitamin K intake (eating only foods low in vitamin K). Vitamin K intake is and the food item to watch and learn what I can eat and what to avoid. 

I had a appointment scheduled the last day of February with the Renal (Kidney) doctor that was cancelled because the doctor in Roswell (we were already there), had a family emergency. That visit was rescheduled for week later. That appointment sent me to the hospital in Roswell for the start of dialysis. This requires an implant of a device to do the dialysis (an operation). They tried in the emergency room but is did not work so it was done in the operating room the next day. Latter that day the first dialysis was done for two and one half hours. On Monday and Tuesday three hours of dialysis and Thursday. During this week they wee also trying to keep my INR level stable in range requiring transfusions of iron (two times) and Heparin (four times). The heparin was a slow and the iron was a fast transfusion.


After the dialysis on Thursday there was a scramble of things getting ready for discharge from the hospital but we “got er done”. On our drive home we went past the pharmacy to pick up a subscription. Nice to be home .

Well after going to the Cardiologist in Carlsbad on Wednesday my energy level was low so going to Walmart was out for me. My lovely wife went while stayed in the car as I just did not do the walking around and we were having some “weather”. We did not go anywhere on Thursday and my energy was so low that on Friday I needed to have help to get to the doctors. Bob and Maryland drove us to Roswell, thank you. After I was in the hospital my lovely wife took them to lunch there and they drove her home. While home my lovely wife prepped the cat for our stay in Roswell and packed things to bring with her for us while in the hospital. My lovely wife sleep in the chair with me. We ended up in a semi privet room with another man who was discharged Saturday morning while I was in surgery. Coming back from dialysis on Tuesday they had put another man in the other bed in our room. Them we changed rooms right a way, better. We now had a view of the hospital front and parking lot, privet. dialysis my loverly wife was able to shop in Roswell while I was getting dialysis. Now it’s a matte of schedules, dialysis and doctors.


No comments:

Post a Comment