Saturday, May 25, 2019

Thursday Television

Clearwater, Florida - Wednesday, May 22, 2019
Morning 77 Degrees, Wind SE at 5 to 9 Mph, Humidity 78%, partly cloudy.

Beach day, we were there (on San Key Park) before ten thirty soaking up the sun. easy parking there and it is open. Leaving there we stopped to eat lunch and noticed the crowds building, we think it is “off” season but they (large groups of people) are still coming to Florida. 

Clearwater, Florida - Thursday, May 23, 2019
Morning 73 Degrees, Wind NE at 5 to 6 Mph, Humidity 75%, partly sunny.

Get the television fixed that is today’s project. Finished packing Buster making ready to travel to Holiday CampingWorld we were on the move a little after eight. We were checking in and explaining what little I know about the problem. We were moved to the other side of the building and put up the antenna. “Their guy” came to Buster checking things out. Finally I said I need to test these coax wires if there is Continuity because there is no signal coming to the DVR box. These are the coax wires from the antenna. 
These are the two coax cables 




We need to go have breakfast as we had not eaten today and took off looking for a breakfast place. Took us four miles but we ended up in Tarpon Springs “George’s Breakfast Station” I was expecting a call fron the service people that never came. My wife wanted to go to Dollar Tree we did that and went back to CampingWorld. Checking Buster the television was on and no one was around Buster. I went looking for the service writer finding him with another customer he said “meet you there at Buster shortly”, works for me. Well it was the coax wires from the splitter to the DVR box and the second splitter for the bedroom television. I had worse fears of what was bad and needed replacing.  

The return trip was an adventure, my memory of road names and where the road goes is going has left the my mind. Besides there has been tremendous growth in this area and it does not look the same to me. Names of cross streets i am thinking I know that name but where does it come out to where do I go from there and I am passed the intersection to make the turn so I keep going.

I did not want to go south on US 19 as that would have needed a u-turn with Buster and Tan Jan on the back this is not easy to do. I decided to turn right go east to Pasco one south (another right turn) which should become CR 611 (49th street) back to Gulf to Bay (SR 60) and another right and into the RV Park (another right turn). Didn’t work out. I missed the connection from Pasco one to CR 611. My bad memory sunk that, after missing CR 611 we went down thru Hillsborough county finally meeting Hillsborough avenue (SR 580) we turned right and took that back to CR 611 made a left at the traffic light and now back on the original plan. The return trip was twice as long as the going trip but everyone was back at the RV Park safely but a longer trip, with a working television. 

No comments:

Post a Comment