Sunday, July 11, 2021

The last of the trip

 Bessemer, AL - Tuesday, June 29, 2021

Morning 64 Degrees, Wind N at 8 to 9 Mph, Humidity 90% rain last night,  partly sunny.

 More I 20 east, to Bessemer, AL all I 20 driving light to medium traffic. We crossed the “The Big River” today at Vicksburg, Mississippi, so we are now east of the Mississippi river. Next big mile stone is to be northeast of Atlanta, GA. While having dinner tonight there was a down pour a real gully washer, for a few minutes. Temps 86 with 90 % humidity, but the rain was done by the time we were ready to leave the restaurant.


Suwanee GA - Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Morning 72 Degrees, Wind SE at 1 to 2 Mph, Humidity 92%, partly sunny.

Crossing from Alabama into Georgia we crossed into eastern time zone for the first time in a couple of years. I forgot to mention on Saturday the nineteenth we crossed into central time zone from mountain time. There were some spots getting onto the I 285 around Atalanta, but all the roads were heavy traffic. 


Moncure, NC - Thursday July 1, 2021

Morning 72 Degrees,  

Afternoon 91 Degrees,  


We got going early this morning on the road by seven am. There is construction much of the remaining miles in Georgia and we stopped in South Carolina for breakfast. Traffic is still heavier than we are used to here in the east, we were living a sheltered life in New Mexico. 


Coming up I 85 near Charlotte there is I 485 around the city, and I do want to avoid the city of Charlotte so I switch to that but I don’t know where I want to get off and I 485 is telling me it is going south, but I just came from the south going north? I tried taking two different exits, no paper maps to be had at the first convince store we stopped at, back to I 485. The second exit took us east and we did want that so after a while the GPS wanted me to go south again. There I found US 52 north that is good as I know where that leads to, it took me back to I 85, but it was north of the city of Charlotte. I took that to US 64 east to Pittsboro and I knew our way from there to the RV park. We are now back on course. Latter I found out we should have stayed on I 485 to exit 31.

We arrived at our trailer about three fifteen after a long drive everything was fine just a lot of work ahead of us both inside the trailer and outside setting up doctors and other things. Chris and John came over after their work to help latter. 


No comments:

Post a Comment