Saturday, January 11, 2020

home again


The SKP Ranch Lakewood, NM - Thursday, January 9, 2020
Morning 41 Degrees, Wind SSW at 0 to 1 Mph, Humidity 38%, sunny.

One of the things I was told prior to surgery, numerous times that I will should not raise the right elbow above arm pit high, for a while, so OK that is not very many restrictions.

There is another loop around my arm
But waking up from surgery my arm is strapped to my chest, feeling like the one arm man. One loop around my arm just above the elbow and another cuff holding my hand. I do not want to be the one arm man. Tuesday morning I was allowed to use my hand I could release my hand from the binding and keep the arm strap in place. I can not move my elbow much away from my body. They would like my to keep my hand in the loop when sleeping, in case I get “wild” when sleeping.

Pacemaker temporary Id card
Finally able to eat, I have had nothing since Sunday when I was given a sandwich prior to surgery late Sunday evening. On Tuesday morning I could not stand on my feet to void as they hurt. I have been off my feet since Saturday when I had fainted doctors told me to stay in bed. Sunday night even I had pain in my foot that would not allow me to go to sleep. I asked for and got Tylenol thus being able to sleep. Early afternoon physical therapy lady came in and evaluated me she did notice my high arches helping me doing stretches. I keep doing them until it was ready to get dressed and go home. We left to room and headed down (by wheelchair) to transportation. Bob and Marilyn were here to take me and my lovely wife home. Bob and Marilyn (from the SKP Ranch RV Park) were in town (El Paso) to have dinner with his brother on Saturday. They were in the hospital Saturday when the procedure was done to commuter wires into my neck down into my heart, sitting with my lovely wife. They were there also on Monday while the pacemaker was being inserted sitting with my lovely wife. My daughter Carole visited on Sunday night while she was on her way home (driving) from Anaheim, California.

It took only 35 minutes to fly from Carlsbad to El Paso but it took three and one half hours door to door driving home (there was commuter traffic in El Paso as it was before six pm). Getting home to the SKP RV Park we stopped for a minute at Rob’s rig (who drove me and my lovely wife to Carlsbad hospital) and he got a neighbor (Dave) and met us at Buster (our Motorhome). They were at Buster to help my up the five steps into Buster. My feet still hurt but better than when I first tried to put a foot on the floor in the morning to void, more Tylenol. 





1 comment:

  1. Wow! What an ordeal you have been through. But hopefully and prayerfully now you can get well soon and rest before returning to your normal routine. Take care!!

    ReplyDelete