Monday, July 18, 2016

Busters Gate Jim Hogg County TX - July 17 tireTire tread missing

Busters Gate Jim Hogg County TX - Sunday, July 17, 2016
Morning 78 Degrees, Wind E variable, calm to 3 Mph, Humidity 91%, partly cloudy.
Afternoon 101 Degrees, Wind NE at 1 to 11 Mph, Humidity 34%, partly sunny.

My wife got up early from her day sleep for me to go to Rio Grand City for groceries. That did not go well, I got about seven miles down the road at highway speed (70) when the right front tire tread came off. I slowed and pulled off onto the shoulder to check and found the tread gone but not flat, still holding air alligator (tread) was on the road, I moved the tread to the roadside.

Tire tread missing

Well turn around and go back to Buster’s gate site as I did not want to unload the rear and change the tire here.  I was able to limp home at twenty-five iles per hour on the Tire. When I got back up the road I had enough cell phone signal to call my wife and let her know I was returning and the tire had lost the tread.  It was is hot to do anything tonight I will try the spare tire tomorrow morning.









Thought for the Day:


No comments:

Post a Comment