Friday, November 17, 2017

Buster’s Gate Smiley, TX - Nov 12 - 14

Buster’s Gate Smiley, TX - Sunday, November 12, 2017
Morning 64 Degrees, Wind ENE calm Mph, Humidity 100%, overcast.
Afternoon 77 Degrees, Wind ESE at 4 to 10 Mph, Humidity 73%, rain.

Rain (0.007 inches) did not start until afternoon (almost dark) and was light rain most of the evening, just enough to have rain gear on. There was a short period of moderate rain but it did not last long. A busier day with equipment moving in and getting setup here at the gate. 


Buster’s Gate Smiley, TX - Monday, November 13, 2017
Morning 66 Degrees, Wind NE at calm, Humidity 100%, mostly cloudy.
Afternoon 82 Degrees, Wind E at 4 to 8 Mph, Humidity 50%, partly cloudy.

Mud, overnight and this morning, stick to your shoes type, but with the sun trying to break thru it dried pretty fast. Very busy today with trucks (and sand box trucks) of all types coming and going. I installed the shoe brush and that helps a lot.


Buster’s Gate Smiley, TX - Tuesday, November 14, 2017
Morning 55 Degrees, Wind SSE at calm, Humidity 100%, partly cloudy.
Afternoon 81 Degrees, Wind SSE at 4 to 12 Mph, Humidity 51%, partly cloudy.

Close gate? This was not a fun day. There are multiple land owners and a renter running cattle that access thru this road. The cattle rancher is a renter and complaining about a gate further down having the lock broken and the gate was open. Yesterday a land owner came in saying he was the land owner but I only took down the plate number and not his name. Land owners can get huffy about being challenged accessing their own property so I did not push about the name also not knowing there were multiple land owners here. So the cattle rancher came today wanting to know all who came in the gate so he could figure out who opened the gate. While ths was going on I called my coordinator to advise him what was going on here. Also when I talked with the land owner yesterday he told me about the cattle rancher, so I knew he was knowledgeable about the property here.

 When the coordinator called back ten minutes later an said we were released and ok to stay overnight with the generator. I stopped logging vehicles in the gate. I decided to let my wife sleep until she woke up for her to get good rest. One of the oil company men came in and said we are not released also called the gate coordinator back and his first reply was who is this? I told him and he said that was a mistake about being released. All this took awhile to settle out but I had started to take apart our walkway to pack it back into buster in the afternoon. I never questioned the coordinator about being released, but I knew the oil company still was working inside at the pad a mile and a half away.

Very emotional day for me I was thinking we lost the job because of the cattle rancher and land owner being dissatisfied with our work but just a mistake on the coordinators part when he called me.



No comments:

Post a Comment