Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Pleasanton, Texas - Atascosa RV Park - Mar 29

Pleasanton, Texas - Atascosa RV Park - Tuesday, March 29, 2016
Morning 62 Degrees, Wind E calm & gusting to 4 Mph, Humidity 94%, overcast.
Afternoon 74 Degrees, Wind ESE 5 & gusting to 7 Mph, Humidity 47%, overcast.
 
We took our time getting ready today for our trip to Pleasanton as it is a short trip. Only seventy-five miles on state roads (skinny roads, two lane with small shoulders) taking our time. Stopped in Floresville for diesel fuel same price as gasoline $ 1.799 per gallon. There was a time when the price between gasoline and diesel was eighty cents higher for diesel. This price for diesel is the lowest I have paid for diesel going into  Buster.

Our trip went well and we got setup in the site we were assigned with no problems. We were preparing to go into Pleasanton for some groceries when my telephone rang answering it was work coming to us. We have a gate on April eighth in west Texas southwest of Big Spring. We will start traveling there next Tuesday.

 

Thought for the Day:
I think I might try this diet.
Yesterday I was buying 2 large bags of Purina dog chow at Wal-Mart for my dogs Shadow and Lady.
I was about to check out when a woman behind me asked if I had a dog.
What did she think, that I had an elephant?
Since I had little else to do, on impulse, I told her that No, I didn’t have a dog – that I was starting the Purina Diet again, although I probably shouldn’t because last time I ended up in the hospital.
On the bright side though, I’d lost 50 pounds before I woke up in intensive care with tubes coming out of every hole in my body and IVs in both arms.
I told her that it was essentially a perfect diet and that the way that it works is you load your pockets with Purina nuggets and simply eat one or two every time you feel hungry and the food is nutritionally complete, so I was going to try it again. (I have to mention here that practically everyone in the line was enthralled with my story by now.)
Horrified, She asked : “Did you end up in intensive care because the dog food poisoned you?”
I said: No not at all; I stopped in the middle of the parking lot to bark at another dog and a car hit me.
The guy behind her was laughing so hard, I thought he was going to have a heart attack!

Wal-Mart won’t let me shop there anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment