Seawind RV Park - Riviera Texas - Saturday, June 18, 2016
Morning 75 Degrees, Wind SW variable & calm to 5 Mph, Humidity 98%, partly cloudy.
Afternoon 95 Degrees, Wind ESE at 6 to 17 Mph, Humidity 61%, sunny.
We took an eight hour tour in Tan Jan of the area to where the gate is located one hundred and two miles then on to Rio grand City another forty-seven miles and returned to Buster another one hundred and seventeen miles. Wide open space very few options for sight seeing or shopping. As you can tell from the milage given it will be a long way for any real shopping. Rio Grand City does have a H E B Plus and a Walmart Supercenter. Our two main stores and a Dollar Tree, what else could we need?
On Friday I texted that we had moved closer to the gate and I did get a text back that the gate start was pushed back until Tuesday, O well.
Seawind RV Park - Riviera Texas - Sunday, June 19, 2016
Morning 74 Degrees, Wind N variable & calm to 3 Mph, Humidity 97%, partly cloudy.
Afternoon 94 Degrees, Wind ESE at 9 to 21 Mph, Humidity 72%,partly sunny .
On the road again today, researching the area of the gate with a ride to Laredo. One of our finds was to get some filter cartridges for Buster’s water filter. Wide open spaces a long way between developed areas. Laredo is the most developed since we left San Antonio. For this gate assignment our decision is we will be going to Rio Grand City for any shopping the closest with all we will need. Still a drive of an hour each way from the gate to shop there. Most of these road have a posted speed limit of 65 or more (75) miles per hour so that does reduce the travel time, it is just a long way to travel for weekly shopping.
Seawind RV Park - Riviera Texas - Monday, June 20, 2016
Morning 74 Degrees, Wind S at 5 to 10 Mph, Humidity 96%, overcast.
Afternoon 90 Degrees, Wind SE at 8 to 19 Mph, Humidity 61%, partly cloudy.
Rain shower at daybreak clearing to partly sunny after that. We took the short ride from the park today to Kingsville, it would be longer from the gate but a lot shorter from the RV park to Kingsville. Later in the day we received a text message postponing the gate job maybe two days, bummer.