Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Busters Gate Laredo, TX Feb 16 - 17

Bar M RV Park - Pleasanton, TX - Friday, February 16, 2018
Morning 65 Degrees, Wind ESE at calm Mph, Humidity 97%, overcast.
Afternoon 81 Degrees, Wind E at 5 to 17 Mph, Humidity 50%, partly sunny.

Our plan for the day was going to San Antonio and purchase some new bulbs for the bathroom, getting ready to go there I got a text message that my third pair of glasses were ready to pick up in Victoria. So I called the gate coordinator letting him know we are available for a gate after the weekend before leaving Buster.

Well that made for a big driving day of over three hundred miles round trip and a lot of stops. First I put gas in Tan Jan and headed to San Antonio, Texas arriving there I got a call from the gate coordinator for a gate, tomorrow seven in the morning. I tried to push our start time to latter in the day as we needed to shop and complete our planned out trip today, I said we could not be there before noon, he said that would be ok someone will be there at seven and relief them and that would be ok. The bathroom light bulbs did not arrive at Texas RV Supply but we did pick up a couple of stick on lights one for the kitchen area. On the way to Victoria, Texas I got a call my prescription was ready in Pleasanton, Texas, so now the plan changed again.

I got this pair of glasses for the computer bifocal, the up or regular looking area of the lens is my reading but for arms out length the lower small area is regular reading I need correction to view the smaller print icons on the computer screen. While waiting I saw a desk caddy to put them in so I do not have to lay them down. We had lunch-dinner and headed to the pharmacy in Pleasanton getting there just after six-thirty as the pharmacy closes at seven. We did some other shopping while there (Walmart) fill the gas tank again ($2.109 a gallon) and went to H E B to complete our shopping.

Computer screen gray area icons at top are
 hard to read without the glasses


Eye glasses holder
Now start getting ready to move Buster, we need to leave on the early side tomorrow for a trip to Ladero, Texas.


Bar M RV Park - Pleasanton, TX - Saturday, February 17, 2018
Morning 59 Degrees, Wind ENE at Calm to 1 Mph, Humidity 96%, cloudy, misty rain.

Move day, we did not have too much outside to put away as we were only going to be here for one week I kept that to a minimum. There was more to be done inside though, as the time went by taking something out of being packed away we did not put them back, whatever. Two slide outs went in normally but the third right side was a problem one end did not move. Checking things out I found a sheer bolt broken. I had to call our gate coordinator telling him we will not be there as planned. Now get in there and remove the parts, moving some things (as little as possible) to get me inside the compartment. My wife helped by fetching tools I forgot and operating the switches inside, saving me some climbing out and up and down inside and outside. After getting the broken parts out I needed replacements, so it was off to the hardware store for grade eight 1/4 X two inch bolts, yes bolts one replacement and three spares. Coming back and getting in the compartment again and getting the whole lined up to get the bolt in place requires bumping the switch to rotate the electric motor (my wife’s help). With the new bolt in place the slide out came in came in correctly. That was the last thing we needed before rolling Buster. So I disconnected the electric power and started the engine. Pulling out and connecting Tan Jan we are now ready to roll about three hours latter than planned. 

 Broken Bolt


Inside compartment 

Inside compartment new bolt in place
Busters Gate Laredo, TX
Afternoon 82 Degrees, Wind SSE at 8 to 13 Mph, Humidity 58%, mostly sunny.

We took the same roads back to Laredo area our work area is out there in the boondocks. TX 97 thru Charlotte to TX 85 to Dilley and interstate thirty-five to TX two-fifty-five west to FM 1472 to the dirt road in seven and a half miles. We arrived about four in the afternoon. I stopped in Cotulla giving Buster a drink of diesel ($ 2.799). I could have stopped in Pleasanton and payed less but would have been more hassel getting in and reconnecting Tan Jan to Buster after fueling up. Throughout the morning everything was wet was from the misty rain. We drove out of that and driving I never needed to use the windshield wipers.

New Gate Looking in at Buster Parked
Now the long dirt road only doing between five and ten miles per hour. I kept Buster in first gear so I would not go too fast. The worst bumpy road we have been driven on. Seven and a half miles off the paved road. I got Buster parked and started our setup.
We are on the job, this will be another frack location.



Thought for the Day:

My train of thought derailed. There were no survivors.

No comments:

Post a Comment