Saturday, March 31, 2018

Rush Truck Center - Laredo, TX - Mar 28 - 29

Rush Truck Center - Laredo, TX - Wednesday, March 28, 2018
Morning 69 Degrees, Wind NNW at 1 to 3 Mph, Humidity 53%, cloudy.
Afternoon 75 Degrees, Wind N at 8 to 14 Mph, Humidity 82%, mostly cloudy.

I was over at the truck center after they opened this morning letting the foeman know the door in the floor was open. After awhile he had workers (2) at Buster to remove the fuel pump. After they started it was misting so I thought it was time for me to leave. I called my wife letting her know I was coming back to the hotel in case she wanted me to bring something back, nothing good. I stopped in at the truck center latter in the afternoon and they were installing the new pump.

Laredo had “weather” last night, with tornado warnings resulting in a bunch of traffic lights on flash disrupting traffic patterns today. Today I was feeling my trip yesterday, tired. It was a three hundred and twenty three miles Laredo to San Antino and back to Laredo plus a round trip from the hotel to the truck center


Picture of the three hundred and twenty mile key

Rush Truck Center - Laredo TX - Thursday, March 29, 2018
Morning 64 Degrees, Wind NW at calm to 1 Mph, Humidity 78%, mostly cloudy.
Afternoon 88 Degrees, Wind NW at 6 to 12 Mph, Humidity 16%, mostly sunny.

No performance change with the new fuel pump the engine will only run on starting fluid. Before noon they said they will install a primer pump and try that. We were back latter in the afternoon and no change, the engine still will not run and late in the afternoon they had another guy come to Buster with a computer to monitor the engine and he said it was a sensor needed to be changed. A new sensor, I was not told (sense what?)  what it is called but after that was changed they had the engine running, we were inside Tan Jan sitting comfortable in the air conditioned car. I went into Buster and tried the throttle myself and good response, then I shut it off and restarted it and it worked normal. We are staying one more night here in the hotel and back into Buster tomorrow. Not only the move but I need to reinstall the engine access cover above the top of the engine and pay the bill. 


Thought For The Day – This morning my brain said “crunches” but my stomach auto corrected it to “cupcakes.”


No comments:

Post a Comment