Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Vaquero Village RV Park, Botines, TX Mar 14 - 16

Busters Gate Laredo, TX - Wednesday, March 14, 2018
Morning 58 Degrees, Wind SE at calm Mph, Humidity 70%, cloudy.
Afternoon 77 Degrees, Wind ESE at 9 to 17 Mph, Humidity 25%, mostly sunny.

This sensor we use for vehicles coming in only detects large metal, so there is no animal or wind caused signals. With the sporadic vehicle traffic we have now with the flow back operation it is hard to test if the sensor is working. I went out to the sensor again today and checked the connections again and removed and reinstalled the batteries. The sensor seems to be working, the large water tank trucks are being alarmed but some pickup trucks are getting past without alarming. Some vehicles do not drive close enough to set the sensor off.


Busters Gate Laredo, TX - Thursday, March 15, 2018
Morning 61 Degrees, Wind ESE at 3 to 5 Mph, Humidity 67%, cloudy.
Afternoon 80 Degrees, Wind SE at 12 to 21 Mph, Humidity 45%, partly cloudy.

Flow back crew moved out this morning, we should be done today. I got the call about ten o’clock the gate job here ends at five tonight. So now my work begins packing up and getting Buster ready to move to another site. The guy was here today to collect Buster waste water so I had him also pick up and take the tank as we are leaving in the morning tomorrow.


Busters Gate Laredo, TX - Friday, March 16, 2018
Morning 66 Degrees, Wind S at calm to 1 Mph, Humidity 92%, mostly sunny.
Afternoon 91 Degrees, Wind NNW at 2 to 9 Mph, Humidity 26%, mostly sunny.

We got Buster packed and ready to move with only two big problems, the Slide out again and starting Buster’s engine. The right side slide out shear pin I replaced was hitting the structure preventing rotation of the drive shaft.  It was my own fault as I installed washers (two) on the nut end thus the bolt was sticking too far thru the drive shaft. I did this to have all shank of the bolt coming thru, it did not work out. Spending as little time as I could on this I just took the washers off the bolt and put the nut on loose. When I went to start the engine it did not fire up but on the fourth attempt it started but was barely running and surging. Using the accelerator and at one thousand RPM it ran pretty good after the coordinator arrived we headed out seven and a half miles at less than ten miles per hour on the very bumpy dirt road.
Long and slow drive then when we arrived at the paved road I connected Tan Jan to the tow bar for the rest of the drive to the camp ground. My wife drove Tan Jan out to the paved road and reported the air conditioner was not working.

Vaquero Village RV Park, Botines, TX
Total drive was only thirty-three miles for Buster here on three paved roads.                                 
We went into town and did some shopping and purchased two batteries for Busters “house” twelve volt system. The store brought them out to Tan Jan and put them in the car for me.


Thought For The Day – I think my neighbor is stalking me. She’s been Googling my name on her computer. I saw it through my telescope last night.



No comments:

Post a Comment