Friday, May 29, 2020

May 2020

Revised 5/30

The SKP Ranch Lakewood, NM - Thursday, May 21, 2020
Morning 57 Degrees, Wind S at 6 to 7 Mph, Humidity 31%, sunny.
 
Well yesterday I went to the Cardiologist for an INR check (blood thickness ). The meter failed (again)  so today I visited the Carlsbad Hospital for a blood draw. The same thing happened at the beginning of the month. The last time the INR was 1.9 (at Carlsbad Hospital) the doctor want it at 2.0 to 3.0 for me. It had dropped down since April (INR 2.2) the end of the month I had an operation on my arm in anticipation of a port being put in there. Before the operation the surgeon had me stop taking the Warfarin for four days. Now it is taking time to get the INR re-balanced.

Wrist bands (or  bracelets), more than I want to count, I have had since December.  I was reminded of this when I went for the blood draw yesterday. Once I signed the papers, that is another story, they put another wrist band on my arm. Now I sit down in the lobby and wait a short time to get called. A door opens on the same side of the registration office I get called in. The person asks me my date of birth does the blood draw, I am done I leave, no one has looked at the wrist band? Why the wrist band. At the hospitals in Roswell and El Paso they scan the the wrist band be fore they do anything.

Actually I spent more time in the lobby and at the check in office signing papers, ten pages with signature or initials and I told her there is no changes in my insurance, I was in there earlier this month. Nope they want hard proof, cards or no service.

The SKP Ranch Lakewood, NM - Saturday, May 23, 2020
Morning 60 Degrees, Wind SW at 6 to 7 Mph, Humidity 23%, sunny.

 Took a trip to Roswell. We wanted to try a Whataburger. With all our time in Texas we never went to one. We had to order from the drive thru only and eat in the car. We found a shady spot to eat right there in the parking lot. Ordering from those menu boards is not my favorite thing to do. So these is the ordering spot and then the pick up and pay window. When we got to the window and double checked the ordered items before paying, it was wrong, that’s why I would rather go inside to order at the counter. So we pulled over to the side and waited for our order to be brought out side to us.

The SKP Ranch Lakewood, NM - Monday, May 25, 2020
Morning 61 Degrees, Wind N at 13 to 18 Mph, Humidity 65%, cloudy.

I called the Cardiologist office because I have not heard from about my INR level from the blood draw on Thursday, because I have not heard any thing yet. They called back myloverly wife’s phone. My INR is 2.5 at the half way of the range (2 - 3).

The SKP Ranch Lakewood, NM - Thursday, May 28, 2020
Morning 62 Degrees, Wind NE at 8 to 9 Mph, Humidity 48%, sunny.

  I have had to put air in the right front tire a few times recently. It has been turning on the low pressure light. The light turns on below thirty pounds of air pressure. It has been showing twenty-eight pounds of pressure, when I start the car in the morning. So today we went to Discount Tire in Roswell. We got there about ten forty five and they checked the tire wear ant it was ready to be changed. He checked inside and had replacement tires for both front tires. We had those installed in 2015. We had to wait about an hour and a half for them to the job. 

Revised
Wile waiting we went to a couple of other stores and got something else to eat then returned about twelve-ten. I had not even turned off the car an a tech was in the parking area looking for our car. He had me drive into an open work bay. we waited right there in the car must be a new procedure because of the virus. we were out in fifteen minutes two new balanced tires. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment