Sunday, July 26, 2015

Holly Springs, NC - Busters Place - Jul 22 - 24

Holly Springs, NC - Busters Place - Wednesday, July 22, 2015
Morning 70 Degrees, Wind NNW 3 & gusting to 7 Mph, Humidity 82%, mostly sunny.
Afternoon 97 Degrees high for today, Wind S 5 & gusting to Mph, Humidity 65%,       Partly sunny.

Grand parent rest day

Holly Springs, NC - Busters Place - Thursday, July 23, 2015
Morning 74 Degrees, Wind SSE 7 & gusting to 10  Mph, Humidity 90%, Overcast.
Afternoon 83 Degrees high for today, Wind S 6 & gusting to Mph, Humidity 85%,   
afternoon and early evening shower (0.30 inches)

Bonnie complained about cold water shower this morning, me thinking back to last nights shower I realized there was less heat in the water. Doing the breakfast dish’s I was thinking Bonnie had turned on the hot water a while ago and it should be hot by now, and it was not. We had a lunch date with Cindy no time to troubleshoot this now but I did recheck the switch a couple of times and the igniter circuit light did not illuminate, no spark was taking place to light the propane gas.

We took Ariana to the high school scrimmage game and brought her home.

After coming home I checked and there was voltage and found the over temperature switch tripped. I could put twelve volts to the other side and get the propane gas to light.

Holly Springs, NC - Busters Place - Friday, July 24, 2015
Morning 72 Degrees, Wind NNE 2 & gusting to 6 Mph, Humidity 98%, overcast.
Afternoon 87 Degrees high for today, Wind S 4 Mph, Humidity 57%, mostly sunny.

Went to camping world for a replacement switch installed that the water heater fired up I closed the cover and latter the water is not as hot as it should be. After checking on line I found there maybe a blockage in the fire tube “soot” from the propane gas. Thinking about the few times I got the lights of propane there did seem to be “blow back” more than expected. When I opened the cover this time some wire had insulation burned off and the over temp switch had shut off the system again. 

Now cleaning out the fire tube and getting soot removed was the first order. New I have two new problems the burnt wire insulation and there is no power on the switch and can not find the fuse location. But we now have hot water as I am running twelve volts directly from the battery. That new switch package, there was two in there so I am now using the second one. Now to find the twelve volt source. 

No comments:

Post a Comment