Sunday, October 2, 2016

JD's Nueces River Park - Cotulla, TX - Sept 30 - Oct 1

JD's Nueces River Park - Cotulla, TX - Friday, September 30, 2016
Morning 63 Degrees, Wind NNE at 5 to 6 Mph, Humidity 70%, mostly sunny.
Afternoon 87 Degrees, Wind NE at 6 to 7 Mph, Humidity 30%, sunny.

Neither one of us slept good last night, the best part no alarm to get up me up early this morning. What do we do with our day. There are very few options as there is nothing close by Cotulla. I did want to get some new windshield Reflextix foil. My options are San Antonio one hundred or Laredo  sixty miles. We took the shorter option never have taken that drive before down interstate thirty-five. So it was off to Laredo Home Depot no they do not carry Reflextix foil (they do in San Antonio) in this store then lunch-dinner at Texas Road House for steak then Lowes Home Improvement they had Reflextix foil what I wanted. Any trip does involve a Walmart and a H E B before going home. Gasoline in this area ($1.959) is not as low as Rio Grand City ($1.769). We were back safely to Buster before dark. There is a boarder patrol check station coming back north that all traffic has to stop and declare their citizenship. On our trip south we noticed the backup of traffic to enter was about a half mile but was shorter on our way north. Heavy truck traffic both ways as Laredo is a port of entry from Mexico


JD's Nueces River Park - Cotulla, TX - Saturday, October 1, 2016
Morning 64 Degrees, Wind E at 7 to 8 Mph, Humidity 73%, partly sunny.
Afternoon 83 Degrees, Wind variable at 5 to 6 Mph, Humidity 36%, partly sunny.

Cut and fit, that’s what I did today. Cut and fit the Reflextix foil to Buster’s windshield.
I also trimmed the front shelf I made for Buster’s dashboard, as the front is slopped down. I made the shelf years ago level for Sox and Merry our cats to lay by the window getting sun. It is also convenient to place things on. But a sloped dashboard causes everything to slide to the glass. When I made the shelf I did not allow for the foil sizing the shelf right up to the glass. When we were last at Atascosa RV Park I did trim the shelf but I took too small of a cut. While at the gate again as we were putting and taking down the Reflextix foil there was still not enough clearance. You know measure once cut twice, better to go small and do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment