Thursday, October 18, 2012

The Original Ranch, Lakewood, NM - cement

Wednesday, October 17, 2012
The Original Ranch, Lakewood, New Mexico 72 degrees and partly sunny to 88 degrees and sunny.

Soren, John, Bob, Glen, Bob, Phil and two visitors staying here at the ranch and I helped in mixing and pouring the cement for the walkway to the ramp. We mixed all it purchased on Monday and four other bags laying around in the buildings them I determined more is needed. Mike made a run to the store and purchased six more bags to complete the job.

Bob, Chuck and Greg attend a meeting at the Baptist church in Lakewood with me and local ranchers and the state of New Mexico water engineering. Many rancher’s water wells are going dry due to the drought and the state pumping water into the Pecos river going to Texas. The state of New Mexico is required by a court order to pass an amount of water into Texas. As far as I know our wells (two) are not going dry.

At four o'clock Bonnie went to happy hour at the ranch house and I showed up late after the water meeting. I was able to thank the men showing up for the work party mixing and pouring the cement.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment