Wednesday, March 13, 2013

March update

Tuesday, March 5 to Saturday, March 9, 2013

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Fox Creek Gate Tilden, Texas -

Tanker trucks started the day today, mostly cloudy and the wind started before sunrise today and traffic was picking up until after eight then the workers started leaving because of the weather. I shut the generator down every other day (odd numbered) to transfer fuel into the generators tank and to check the engine oil. Before shutting off the company generator I start Buster’s generator to maintain electric power into Buster.

Two busy days of gate traffic here at Fox creek gate. The property owner stooped by with his wife and another woman to check on a bull and steers they have on property. Bonnie and I have not seen anything bit wildlife here on this property. The next one over there was a handful of cows grazing today.

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Fox Creek Gate Tilden, Texas - 38 degrees mostly sunny to 67 degrees and mostly cloudy, a nice day gone cloudy. I went to Pleasanton, TX today shopping and there is a Verizon Store there I wanted to see what was available to improve the signal both telephone and internet. Not much available there, now my next trip I will check on th 3 G Store.com on line for signal boost equipment. Verizon has another telephone set that "might" improve signal but not for the Jetpack we have. There is another Jetpack that has a better antenna and an antenna port for adding a booster.

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Fox Creek Gate Tilden, Texas - 45 degrees partly sunny to 87 degrees and variable all day going full gray overcast to partly sunny for a short time.

Starting off a slow day, and end just a little slower than Wednesday made some calls today checking on options to improve internet there is an adapter cable for another Jet-Pack and my amplifier but no one can say the signal will come in at the range we are. It will require me to purchase the cable and Jet-Pack and conduct my own test. If the Jet-Pack does not work, in fourteen days I can return the Jet-Pack but I own the cable. This is only for three G service. Four G service requires a different amplifier which would have to purchase.

Friday, March 8, 2013

Fox Creek Gate Tilden, Texas - 45 degrees mostly cloudy gray morning. To 81 degrees a changeable day with the sun trying to poke our and not succeeding with s few spritz showers but mostly gray day.

On the Verizon telephone I got the "Driod" sound indication a message. Carefully checking I noticed a single small bar for signal there was a voice mail and I was able to listen and I called back with the ATT GO Phone. I do not know if the atmospheric conditions helped but I will continue to pursue this avenue.

Saturday, March 9, 2013

Fox Creek Gate Tilden, Texas - 71 degrees mostly cloudy gray morning. A slow start today with some of yesterdays trucks staying over night.

Bonnie got up early this afternoon so I was able to make a trip into Pleasanton to do more research on acquiring internet here at the Fox Creek Gate. I will need a cable for my Wilson amplifier then a different device from Verizon. Next test the signal here at Fox Creek Gate.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment