Thursday, October 2, 2014

Busters Gate - Tilden, Texas, Oct 1 gate

Wednesday, October 1, 2014
Busters Gate - Tilden, Texas, 74 Degrees wind 6 ESE 91% humidity foggy morning to 92 Degrees wind 12 SSE 29 % humidity sunny.

Every gate I have had (6) workers drive up to our gate and ask, is this (xyz) I answer yes and sign them in. Then there are also the ones asking is this "where am I going gate". Some of these I can direct to the correct location, others I have no idea the location they are looking for is at and they get up set that I do not know where they need to be is located. The number of "lost soles" in a day seems to increase when a new work project goes up on a gate. Sometimes I have been given their phone with the directions in an e-mail, I read and now can direct them to the gate they are looking for others I can not.
Another interesting sunset

At each gate the oil company post a sign “for each oil well” could be just one sign, equaling one oil well or a rod of signs six or seven that I have seen for the oil wells inside that gate. These drivers do not even take the time to read. Other drivers have a large book with well locations and “drill rig” locations these are updated but if changes are not submitted to the people publishing the book it is not correct. Last fall our gate location listed a drill rig that moved a month before we arrived at the location and two months at the gate drivers arriving at the gate asking for the rig.




No comments:

Post a Comment