Sunday, August 30, 2015

Holly Springs, NC - Busters Place - Aug 29,


Holly Springs, NC - Busters Place - August 29, 2015
Well I got the hot water tank leak fixed, could not do it myself as I could not remove the water inlet nipple from the tank. I had put a wrench in the flats of the fitting and the plastic broke. I tried using a nipple removal tool that will grab the inside but I could not move the fitting. I tried a easy-out with no movement finally John got a plumber he knows to come to Buster to remove the nipple. All this work is inside the cabinet and at arms length, no fun working like that.  The plumber was here about an hour and a new brass fitting not leaking was installed in the tank. I had the drain plug out of the hot water tank so that water did not drain out into the compartment. With the tank filled with water there was a very small leak coming from the fitting in the tank. We need to dump pressure and water so out I go to take care of that work. I shut the water supply valve but forgot to remove the pressure before removing the drain plug from the hot water tank. The result is as I am removing the drain plug the sixty pounds water pressure “helps” me and “pow” I get sprayed with most of the ten gallons of water head to toe, but the tank emptied fast. The second water test was no leak. I am leaving the area open until Monday to dry out.
New not leaking fitting installed

In the front drivers chair there were gaps in the foot well area where wires come in to go under the dashboard. Bonnie wanted these closed off. I could not get to the area so I removed the drivers chair from the floor mounting position just to access the area. I installed a Masonite board on each area then reinstalled the seat.

One of the draws in the bedroom the bracket holding the rail in the back had broken and while I was at camping World I purchased a replacement set and installed them after working the floor. I have been getting a lot done with the temperatures not getting a warm, this week only into the high eighties.






No comments:

Post a Comment