Sunday, April 10, 2016

Busters Gate - garden City Texas - Apr 9

Busters Gate - garden City Texas -  Saturday, April 9, 2016
Morning 56 Degrees, Wind SE 15 & gusting to 19 Mph, Humidity 73%, mostly cloudy.
Afternoon 75 Degrees, Wind SE 21 & gusting to 25 Mph, Humidity 49%, partly sunny.
 
We had a thunderstorm move thru during the night with almost five tenths of an inch of rain measured in the area. Also during the night the generator started surging and finally shutting down before three this morning (before the rain storm). When the power was going down enough the left side of Buster shuts off first and my c-pap machine is plugged into the left side so I was awakened by the loss of air pressure. Getting up I immediately started Buster’s generator for electric power. Getting dressed I went to check and see if there was anything I could due to get the generator running again before I called for help during the overnight hours. That did not work as I could start the engine it would barely reach idle RPM then sputter and slowdown and shutoff.  So now is the time for telephone calls. More call after sunrise and the replacement was here about two thirty in the afternoon.

Thinking it is a fuel problem either the fuel pickup in the tank clogged or the fuel filter. But later this morning the other gate guard come over to check on us and we were able to start the unit around eleven this morning. So we had it running when when the replacement unit arrived after two-thirty. That was switched out and the septic tank arrived during the morning. That came with no fittings. I made a trip into Big Spring going to Home Depot. Well this is the smallest Home Depot I have ever seen. I had a spare female hose end to with the rubber coupling I purchased at Home Depot we are ready for gray water now.







No comments:

Post a Comment