Sunday, September 24, 2017

Buster’s Gate, San Roman, TX Sept 22



Texas RV Supply, San Antonio, TX - Friday, September 22, 2017
Morning 77 Degrees, Wind ESE at 1 to 2 Mph, Humidity 91%, cloudy.

We were up a little latter today as there were no workers coming in to Buster. We prepared for our trip today and went to brealfast then to HEB grocery shopping. I paid and had them move Buster into the driveway and I connected Tan Jan. The start was get diesel fuel next then take the I 410 Loop around to I 35 south.

When we arrived Tuesday after dinner I went to Home Depot for a piece of one quarter inch plywood two foot square to make a lock for the refrigerator. I cut a U in the center and added three pieces of three quarter inch square dowel one on each leg where the refrigerator freezer handle aligns with the U legs. The third where the refrigerator handles are on the plywood when it is in place. I think this will prevent the refrigerator and freezer doors from opening when the left turns are made.

Cut Plywood with dowels in place

Plywood in place
Buster’s Gate, San Roman, TX
Afternoon 100 Degrees, Wind ESE at 10 to 20 Mph, Humidity 31%, mostly sunny.

Buster went down I 35 to Dilley, TX were we pulled off to a fuel stop to call our coordinator confirming gate we are going to. We got direction there and continued down I 35 to San Roman. Buster pulled up on the roadside just before the gate and went to talk with the people leaving the gate.


Then it is the “RV dance” changing places them leaving and Buster being spotted to go to work. Just before the change the coordinator arrived. Then it is setting Buster up and checking vehicles in and out the gate. I worked the outside setup and stayed up later than usual so my wife could nap before the night work she will have.




No comments:

Post a Comment