Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Benchmark Coach & RV Park

Sherman Oaks Campground, Dandridge, TN - Friday, August 17, 2018
Morning 75 Degrees, Wind SE at calm to 1 Mph, Humidity 91%, cloudy.

We took our time getting ready as the planned only ninety miles for today’s drive. We did not even disconnect Tan Jan from the tow bar. I have decided vto wait until we arrive in San Antonio to do any more change with the TV setup.
 .
Sweetwater Valley KOA - Sweetwater, TN
Today we traveled west on interstate forty thru Knoxville getting diesel fuel for Buster before continuing south on interstate seventy-five to Sweetwater 92 miles) driving today. We took Tan Jan going shopping for groceries after getting parked. Parked here we are under tree cover so there is no satellite TV signal. But we can watch recorded programs. I had Dish TV on the phone today and they have a different opinion on the connecting a Hopper 3 box to the Wineguard antenna, change the LNB looking at the antenna. That is not what the Wineguard antenna people said they sent me a configuration with a Hybird solo hub 203952, DPH42 Switch and DPH42 power Inserter / Power Supply. This is for the Hopper 3 box and two Joey’s, one for the bedroom TV and one for the outside box TV.


Sweetwater Valley KOA - Sweetwater, TN -  Saturday, August 18, 2018
Morning 75 Degrees, Wind SSW at 3 to 4 Mph, Humidity 90%, cloudy.

We were moving along having a little longer drive today, got Buster ready to roll and worked our way back to interstate fifty-nine southbound and the rain started again.

Bairdsnest Campground -Mentone, AL

As we are going down the highway my wife asks me about my Fitbit I looked at my rist and it was not present. Lost, do not remember it leaving my rist other times I have felt it loosen up and was able to reclose the clasp again. The clasp pushes in a little tricky to handle. Never liked the attachment system I prefer the usual watch band type closure. I had gotten it on a store closeout sale at a good price not knowing about the band closure system. I am now the proud owner of a Charge 2 Fitbit with a watch band type closure. We got a nice pull thru site and we could or had any site but one as the place was empty.

One hundred eighteen miles for Buster today. More rain tonight.

Charge 2 Fitbit and watch band type closure

Bairdsnest Campground -Mentone, AL -  Sunday, August 19, 2018
Morning 70 Degrees, Wind W at calm to 1 Mph, Humidity 99%, cloudy.

Normal travel morning getting Tan Jan connected to the tow bar stowing the hoses and electric cable. We made Mississippi today, started earlier driving about five hours. Again it was dry when we were outside doing our work getting ready stowing hoses and electric cable.

Benchmark Coach & RV Park
After getting going on the interstate fifty-nine southbound the rain started and was off and on the whole day.  Our arrival was dry and when I was outside for the connections and at the diesel fuel stop. I went to the office to pay and returning to Buster I saw the dark clouds we are going to get “weather”. After a bit the rain came the hardest of the day, but we were inside. I usually stop every day once for diesel fuel as I prefer to drive only on the top half of the one hundred gallon tank. There is also the spacing of the places where I lake to fill the tank. I prefer to go to the truck side of Flying J truck stops. Usally during the middle of the day I have been able to get to an empty lane to refuel. The other thing is the RV lanes are tighter turning into or out of getting to the fuel island. Then there are the cars coming in an taking space I need to turn Buster with the car in tow. There is NO backing up with the car in tow. You need to “see” your way thru an area or do not go there. Two hundred and sixty miles traveled today. The park was on the empty side as maybe half the sites were empty.



No comments:

Post a Comment