Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Fort Chiswell RV Park, Max Meadows, VA

Buster’s Spot, Holly Springs, NC - Sunday, August 12, 2018
Morning 71 Degrees, Wind WSW at CALM to 1 Mph, Humidity 93%, partly sunny.

We did not go to today’s games, we had Dish TV coming to change our DVR box and install a second Joey for the television in our outside box. It did not go well. I wanted to change from the Hopper with sling to a Hopper 3 box. The Hopper 3 is not compatible with our Wineguard SK 1000 antenna mounted on the roof. The Dish TV people told me the Hopper 3 is not compatible with our Wineguard SK 1000 antenna mounted on our motorhome roof. They said I needed to change the LNB on the antenna, so I canceled the job.

We spent the rest of the day preparing for our travel starting tomorrow.

After Dish TV left I also spent some time poking around the internet as I was told I need to change the LNB on the antenna to a west arc hybrid. I found the Wineguard antenna site and a reference to our antenna model that said for the Hopper 3 we need a DPH42 switch. Now with two different stories, witch to follow so I sent a message the antenna company explaining what I had and asking which way to go. 


Buster’s Spot, Holly Springs, NC - Monday, August 13, 2018
Morning 70 Degrees, Wind SSW at calm to 1 Mph, Humidity 96%, cloudy .

Well it was not the best day starting with getting up late. I had an alarm set on my phone but my phone was in the other end of the RV. The phone alarmed but I did not hear the noise. Cloudy it is going to rain type of day, but we got busy and rolled just before noon for a planned two hundred and ten mile travel today

Pilot Mountain 

Fort Chiswell RV Park, Max Meadows, VA
I had sent an email first then after two days I tried a phone calls the line was busy every time. We took a chance and lost. They were full I tried the state park they were full and the place outside closed door locked late afternoon, remember I got up late. I used Garmin to search for RV sites some close ones did not answer the phone call.

There was a Jelly Stone park listed ten miles away I called them made a reservation and started driving ten miles on the interstate and five miles on state road turn onto Farm Fall road that turned into gravel than wiggly mountain road (one lane) we were following the Garmin all the way tho it seemed like the road to hell as that gravel road was one lane and we did have four vehicles coming from the other way. We finally reached an intersection and the Garman was was pointing us onto another gravel road well that was leading us to a electric sub station under construction. The workers were starting to leave and I was able to stop the second one and ask if there was an RV park in there, “no we are construction for an electric sub station”. At this point I had to disconnect Tan Jan from the tow bar and turn Buster around, lucky there was a tee intersection to do the turn around. Then reconnect Tan Jan to the tow bar. I was able to stop another construction worker and ask for directions to the highway, and then I asked about any RV parks close by. He had the answers and good roads getting here it took about fifteen miles but seeing an RV park was a good site along with seeing empty RV sites we knew we had the spot. A nice end to a long day.



Thought For The Day – Have you ever listened to someone talk for a while and then wondered, “Who ties your shoelaces for you?”


No comments:

Post a Comment