Monday, April 20, 2015

Buster’s Gate Asherton, TX - Apr 18 - 19 bag man

Buster’s Gate Asherton, TX - Saturday, April 18, 2015
Morning 66 Degrees, Wind N 7 Mph, Humidity 98%, overcast  fog.
Afternoon 78 Degrees high for today, Wind E 5 Mph, Humidity 78%, partly sunny.

Mid morning we had a small shower and a slow day for the gate, which means the dirt mud is not drying out today. Every day I have at least two trips walking to the back or left side of Buster to turn on or off the light tower, the evening trip I refuel the generator fuel tank also. Every night we have two of the four lights on alternating them every other day. Well with this rain to me it is two walks in the MUD. Today I tried something different, I bagged my shoes. I put Walmart bags over the shoes and a round of tape on my ankles to hold the bag in place. Surprisingly it worked well, and in the mud I did not feel slippery.

I was expecting the bags to be slippery, walking I did not feel that sensation. The road does dry faster as it is higher, crowned and the traffic helps. The area where I am walking is also getting the silt being washed from the road making that back area slippery to walk on. The mud sticks to the soles and heel of the shoes and builds with every step, that is why we need the shoe scrapper and the shoe brush does not work until the shoe has been scrapped.


Buster’s Gate Asherton, TX - Sunday, April 19, 2015
Morning 70 Degrees, Wind N 1 Mph, Humidity 100%, fog.
Afternoon 87 Degrees high for today, Wind NE 10 & gusting to 14 Mph, Humidity 45%, mostly sunny.   

I did grocery shopping and filling our drinking water container in the afternoon today as Bonnie was ready for bed early today. The reason I try and go early morning is to get the Sunday paper, there was some left today when I arrived in town. Bristol, TN NASCAR race had the rain we got on Friday, two red flags (stopped for rain) but they got it in late and they have lights for night racing. 





No comments:

Post a Comment