Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Buster’s Gate Asherton, TX - Apr 20 magnets

Buster’s Gate Asherton, TX - Monday, April 20, 2015
Morning 67 Degrees, Wind NE 15 & gusting to 22 Mph, Humidity 55%, cloudy morning.
Afternoon 72 Degrees high for today, Wind NE 7 & gusting to 13 Mph, Humidity 40%, mostly cloudy.


Dime & Magnet 

Dime & Magnet 

The magnets I ordered were at the post office Saturday and I picked them up this morning as Bonnie stayed up and “covered the gate” for me while I drove there. When the gate “slowed down” I attempted to get ready for the installation. It seems that when I return there is usually a vehicle coming or going. Today there was a water truck with a “new” to the site driver that had to back up and swing the truck wider otherwise the trailer wheels would contact the sign and cone. It is hard to get these drivers to make wide turns they want to cut the corner short.

First I got five magnets in each panel top edge seam spacing them about the same distance as the suction cups that were used before. Opening the seam like an envelope on the end. I used staples to close the ends. I was forgetting the north and south poles of the magnets then I realized they were repelling when first attempting to put the sunshades on the windshield. These magnets are strong, pictured with a dime coin, I wanted to put one on each side of the coin but as I brought the second one close they stuck together “like magnets”. The second try I could not get closer than inch before it pulled the one I was placing to the other side of the coin it snapped to the first one. In the package they are in two columns of five and are difficult to separate from one another.



Although the magnets were clinging to the windshield wiper arms. Bonnie was trying to sleep so I was attempting this myself, tape was a big help also. With the shades in place with tape I applied magnets to the inside now holding the shade in place. On the outside edges I placed one for the bottom and one for the middle. The inside edges are laying flat and the windshield wiper helps hold the inside (center) edge down. The wind was coming from the back of Buster and was nipping or “pulling on the outside edge some. I used 3M trim tape (double sided, from Auto Zone Store) to stick the magnets to the windshield inside surface.

Tape (03609) 1/2" X 5 FT


Magnets Amazon

10 Neodymium Magnets 1/2 x 1/4 inch Disc N48





No comments:

Post a Comment