Saturday, December 28, 2013

“The Gate” Batesville, Texas Dec 28

Saturday, December 28, 2013
“The Gate” Batesville, Texas 50 degrees and mostly cloudy to 58 degrees and partly sunny.

Yesterday after Bonnie got up there was some more rain showers but this morning on my first out the road is showing signs of drying, good. I need my wood decks to dry out and then I’ll start taking them apart and storing them inside Buster. I made a campground reservation for the night of the first and the second we are at the Texas RV Supply for furnace repair and other work. After that we will slowly head towards Austin to see our daughter Carole and Avery.

Selfie at the gate

I drove the mud road to the paved road this afternoon, not bad considering the rain yesterday and a quick shower this morning. There were no shiny spots all of the road out was dull and loose dirt. I could definitely tell where the trucks have been before me on the road. I still cleaned the car and it did not get as dirty on the return trip compared to the out bound trip.

The shiny road surface



No comments:

Post a Comment