Sunday, September 7, 2014

Atascosa RV Park Pleasanton, Texas - Sept 6 unstuck

Saturday, September 6, 2014
Buster’s Gate - Calliham, Texas -  mostly cloudy 75 degrees, humidity (100%) wind 0 MPH (morning).

I did not sleep good thinking about how to rock Buster and get the left rears to drive out of the mud. Letting Bonnie sleep and going to the post office first as they are only open nine to ten. I needed to pick up that mail before we left the area. Driving there on TX 72 Tan Jan took a rock from a truck going the other way but I did not see anything on the windshield. When I got back to Buster it was digging in front and behind all the tires. When we were ready to move it took three tries rocking Buster to eventually drive out of the mud. When the wheels were spinning the left rear was falling off to the left as that was lower and getting closer to the “pot” gray water, sump/pump. I really could not move that pot but I could have cut the pipe if need be. Then collecting all the wood and blocks I used for the jacks and stowing the electric cable. I was able to back into an area with hard pack and not get stuck while doing that and heading to the highway stopping just before the highway to make some telephone calls.

Buster's tracks Pot on the left with white pipe

Atascosa RV Park Pleasanton, Texas  - 96 degrees and mostly sunny. Bonnie drove Tan Jan from the gate into Tilden.  I called the Park for a site and it was available then I checked if there was a new gate, not today so we headed into Tilden for diesel fuel for Buster at Pilot $ 3.529 per gallon. Then I connect Tan Jan to the towbar and off we went up TX 16 and onto TX 97 to Pleasanton. After getting Buster parked and set up taking showers we went for steak dinners. That is when I noticed the crack anf the star at the top of Tan Jan’s windshield. We stopped and got Tan Jan washed and we needed milk and bread from H E B.

No comments:

Post a Comment