Sunday, September 21, 2014

Busters Gate - Tilden, Texas, Sept 20 shocking

Saturday, September 20, 2014
Busters Gate - Tilden, Texas, 77 Degrees wind 7 E 84 % humidity gray overcast morning to 89 Degrees wind 7 ENE 82 % humidity mostly cloudy with a rain squall out of the east northeast at dinner time.

Pole with transformer
The winds started gusting up so I closed the window awning on the east side to stop the flapping and shortly after the rain started.  More wind, gusting so much so, two high wires coming across the road were blowing together and a fifteen foot fire ball was blowing to the west and causing a loud noise. Electric power was surging in Buster. The wires are still twisted but not sparking. I called the electric company. Upon further viewing later from outside I can see the wires did not cross or tangle. The wires were blown together and the above happened. The pictures show the wires coming to the transformer one power and the other probably a ground are strung close together.



I attempted to do shopping yesterday afternoon only problem was I left my wallet in Buster at the gate so I only drove into Pleasanton to dump garbage. Bonnie was still wide awake at eight in the morning I asked if she was good for a while so I could do shopping. It was different shopping so early as there was no congestion in the stores. The H E B parking lot is another story more parking spaces are fenced off for store expansion. The store is under reconstruction for a fifty percent larger store.



No comments:

Post a Comment