Saturday, September 6, 2014

Buster’s Gate - Calliham, Texas - Sept 5 gate closed

Friday, September 5, 2014
Buster’s Gate - Calliham, Texas - partly sunny 76 degrees, humidity (100%) wind 0 MPH (morning) to (afternoon) cloudy 91 degrees. And rain, puddles and mud.

Trip for groceries into Pleasanton and Tilden for mail never happened today a typical slow morning until one-thirty when the oil company supervisor came to the gate and said we are closed. I started to pickup some outside and then slowly went about waking Bonnie. I continued more work outside while Bonnie was slowly coming around. Then the skies opened and we had rain lots of rain.
Right jacked up trying for traction

When we got to the point of actually moving Buster he slipping and sliding and moving very little actually sideways as we are slopped to the left and slipping that way. I worked until I could not see any gain and call the gate company, try tomorrow was their answer. Too late for mail but we dumped garbage in Tilden and got something to eat at the new Pilot fuel station. The phone signal was poor three or four bars but 1 X.

Left side, moving this way

Before we left Buster I turned on the outside generator and kept the air conditioners running. When we returned there was no electric to the rig kitchen and television, I gave up checking the circuit breakers and what I could think of to take a shower, after reconnecting the water. Trying to get a fan running in the bedroom it dawned on me that the ground fault receptacle was in the bathroom and controlling all the other receptacles. When I was attempting to close the tray after stowing Busters electric cable, there was a problem because I did not disconnect and extension cord for a fan I use in the back of the refrigerator. That was plugged into a receptacle controlled by the ground fault receptacle in the bathroom.


Sunset tonight




1 comment:

  1. I wish you would send that rain to West Texas. We are bone dry.

    ReplyDelete