Sunday, June 2, 2013

Fox Creek Gate Tilden, Texas - May 31 & Jun 1

Friday, May 31, 2013

Fox Creek Gate Tilden, Texas - 76 degrees partly sunny this morning to mostly sunny 95 degrees.

Another slow day for gate traffic and maybe slower over the weekend. One of the contractors storing equipment on the ranch loaded up and moved out mid day today so that will reduce my daily gate traffic.

After bonnie got up I went into Pleasanton today as I had package of medicine sent to the UPS store there. I also did some shopping and looking for a muddy shoe brush but it seems they are out of season as I was not able to locate one. It seems they get this stock in the fall and just sell it out.

Saturday, June 1, 2013


Fox Creek Gate Tilden, Texas - 80 degrees partly sunny this morning to mostly sunny 96 degrees.

Starting our fourth month today.

Cattle came up the left side of Buster checking the fence. After dark I was in bed about to fall asleep when a large group of cattle came "chatting" I could hear them making sounds then they were gone and I was off to sleep. For the day the big traffic was five trucks coming in to repair one well that had not been working all week.


 

After dinner with Bonnie in taking her shower I sitting at the computer three cattle came up Buster’s left side. A bull a young bull and a female and she was looking for someplace to go thru the fencing. I was able to get a few pictures there. When the female could not go any further came back around Buster checking the fence to continue but there was not openings.
 
 
As they came around the right side of Buster I went out for some more pictures. When the female started to come closer to the cattle guard I started to close the gates. At about this point the young bull took off up the road into the ranch. The female came at the gate that I had closed a couple of times then turned and walked off going down the pipeline with the bull following.

"Let's go around to the other side and check that opening"


 
 

"O  well we can not get out here"

No comments:

Post a Comment