Saturday, June 22, 2013

Fox Creek Gate Tilden, Texas - June 19 & 20

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Fox Creek Gate Tilden, Texas - 78 degrees partly sunny this morning to mostly sunny 98 degrees.

The prescriptions I ordered on Sunday arrived at the UPS store in Pleasanton today for pickup so that makes three day’s in a row I went into town. Bonnie has been able to get some naps in over night so that she can be awake while I go into town. Because of the slow travel time on the caliche (dirt road) it takes close to an hour each way so just the in and out is almost two hours away from the gate then shopping time so a trip into town is a minimum of two and a half hours.

 

A group of cattle came up the pipeline to night looking for a drink of water at the white tank so I filled silver bowl for them.

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Fox Creek Gate Tilden, Texas - 76 degrees partly sunny this morning to mostly sunny 95 degrees.

I talked with one of the maintenance guy’s about the water pump fitting that’s cracked. His word is the gate is closing tomorrow that means he will not come out today to replace the fitting.

I ordered the replacement electric transfer switch today ship tomorrow and should be here Tuesday at the UPS store in Pleasanton. I will then find someone to replace the switch, me thinks having the part in hand then find the willing worker.

This has been the slowest day and late this afternoon I got the word our gate will close in the morning. I had been doing some things to prepare for the closing. But now I have a close time I well remove the tire covers and fill Busters water tank then pick up the water hose.

There were a number of cattle that come up the road from the well near Buster then went to the pipe line never stopping at the white tank looking for water. There was one more run to the trash trailer to night.



 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment