Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Fox Creek Gate Tilden, Texas - June 17 & 18

Monday, June 17, 2013

Fox Creek Gate Tilden, Texas - 77 degrees mostly sunny this morning to mostly sunny 95 degrees.

Bonnie was not up to going shopping after her sleep so I went into Pleasanton for shopping and drinking water. That was the biggest activity today. We did get a visit from the company (oil) and the gate job will close this week maybe Wednesday.


The cattle were out along the road feeding and I have come to the realization that the big thing foe me noticing then is they do not move when a vehicle comes by them. The wild life here as anywhere will run when the vehicle comes. Not the cattle they continue whatever they are doing at that time. Eating, walking, standinf or laying down just stay right there, go around I’m busy doing.

Bonnie had a large group of the cattle come around last night about midnight. She did not go outside or wake me during the night but the were setting the inside alarm off wandering around and feeding in that area for a while.

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Fox Creek Gate Tilden, Texas - 75 degrees partly sunny this morning to mostly sunny 100 degrees.

This morning I am working towards our departing the gate packing a way and cleaning the windshield and other. Then the water did not work it was a corroded electrical connector on the pump. But trouble shooting I broke an inlet elbow fitting while check to see if there was a blockage to the pump inlet. I thought the clamp for the hose to the fitting was not re-tightening properly. Bonnie was still up as she had a nap during the night, so I went into town for a new clamp that clamp worked well but that is when I found the fitting is cracked. There is three quarters of a tank in Buster so we have water.

Today going in and out on Franklin Ranch Road there were no cattle seen at first then there they were standing or laying down next to tree trunks getting all the shade they can.

No comments:

Post a Comment