Saturday, July 27, 2013

The Escapees Ranch - Lakewood, NM Jul 25 & 26

Thursday, July 25, 2013

The Escapees Ranch - Lakewood, NM 70 degrees and cloudy, really black stormy looking to partly sunny to 90 degrees this afternoon.

As I drove Buster south into Carlsbad the sky’s looked better but they were overcast all morning. It did not take long and they were done installing the refrigerator control board replacement now wait for the cooling.

This afternoon the temperature inside the refrigerator is coming down. After setting up on our site and having lunch I remade one of the stabilizing jack pads I use under Buster. I created another problem for myself, when leaving our site this morning I did not check and make sure the tow bar was securely parked, after going over two cattle guards it was dragging on the road. Buster was headed south on US 285 when a passing pickup truck motioned me to pull over.

This is what happens in seven miles
That is when I saw the damage grinding on the road can do to the tow bar end and bolt. When I got set in our site I was on the telephone with the tow bar people to get a replacement end.

Friday, July 26, 2013

The Escapees Ranch - Lakewood, NM 75 degrees and mostly cloudy to 93 degrees and partly sunny.

Desert willow we (Bonnie) transplanted last summer
Do no damage day, read a book. Well I was out early raking and pulling weeds for a short time before the sun was up too high. I have redeemed some points I had for a new camera and will 0send the old one for service. Inside of the lens is dirty and there are spots in the pictures.

evening clouds
Bonnie and I went to happy hour yesterday and today, nothing new there except two visitor rigs came in today, one overnight and the other for a weeks stay. there is heavy "weather" around the state but we are not getting it here, rain and flooding.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment