Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Busters Gate Jim Hogg County TX - Sept 26 - 27

Busters Gate Jim Hogg County TX -  Monday, September 26, 2016
Morning 71 Degrees, Wind NE at 5 to 8 Mph, Humidity 99%, overcast.
Afternoon 86 Degrees, Wind NW at 3 to 14 Mph, Humidity 69%, mostly cloudy.

I went to bed last night with rain as the Scattered Clouds we had collected and “weather” moved in giving the area a half an inch of rain. Workers in early today moving out the remaining equipment from the well site. And another rain shower about twelve-thirty that gave us another two tenths of an inch of rain.


Busters Gate Jim Hogg County TX - Tuesday, September 27, 2016
Morning 64 Degrees, Wind N at 4 to 8 Mph, Humidity 94%, overcast.
Afternoon 77 Degrees, Wind NW at 8 to 14 Mph, Humidity 65%, overcast and some mist during the day.

We had vehicles in early today, almost an hour before sunrise, yes we are a twenty-four hour gate just noting the outside the normal routine. As I mentioned the other day we are near the end of this gate and today is the flurry or work at the end. I should also note the daylight is shorter and getting shorter everyday.

Black 550 gallon water tank
(fuel tank gray/white and generator)
This morning when I went to use some water there was none, nothing I turned on Busters pump using water from Buster’s fresh water tank and got what I needed. Last night I took a shower as normal with all the water I normally use. I waited until there was daylight before going to Buster’s left side to check the water problem. I found the water hose disconnect off the filter and laying on the ground and no water but evidence of water flooding the ground. The water tank on the trailer is empty but we have a full water tank in Buster. Our weekly water delivery is Tuesday and he was here early today, thank you. Which means we only used a small amount of Busters water before our delivery came to the gate today.

While the water was “off” I decided to change the filter cartridge and when starting that I closed the valve at the trailer. After the delivery and later in the morning I shut off Busters water pump. Later when I wanted to rinse off a tomato for lunch there was no water, then I remembered I did not turn on the valve at the trailer, I opened the valve and went back to lunch prep and having lunch. A while later a vehicle came to the gate and going out to open the gate I noticed water on the ground and went to close the valve first. After getting the vehicle in I noticed when changing the filter cartridge I did not get the case closed correctly and it took me two more tries to get it right. Now water is solved as I learn two things “again” leak check the filter and double check the connections when connecting hoses. The filter change was a job done in stages that I normally do together in one fluid operation.

We had two cows today, after my wife got up from her day sleep we were talking and I happened to notice out the window one cow grazing across the dirt road behind Buster then the second one appeared out of the brush and they lingered for a while before moving on to where the picture was taken from looking out Buster’s from door (right side) with them continuing on into the brush ahead of them.


No comments:

Post a Comment